Gift cards were first available in 1990 and have evolved to become highly sought-after gifts. A gift card is like a credit card supported by an online system. They’re popular because it affords users the freedom to buy what they really like and need.
Gift Card Types
1. Credit card gift card. It can be purchased at a local shopping mall, at supermarkets and retailers, and online. It is set with a pr-paid balance and can be used at any location that accepts major credit cards. Most of these cards are American Express or Visa.
2. Mall gift card. These can be purchased at local shopping malls. They can be used to pay at any store and restaurant inside the mall. Mall gift cards are convenient for anyone who likes to go shopping.
3. Music gift card. Available at Rhapsody, Apple iTunes, or other music vendor. It is a great gift idea for music lovers of any age. It can be used to buy CDs, DVDs, videos, and songs.
4. Online retail gift card. Amazon and Zappos are examples of huge online retailers. There are literally millions more out there. Some online retailers offer free shipping if you use gift cards with them.
5. Restaurant gift card. These are nice presents to give for a family or a date night.
6. Entertainment gift card. These can be used as passes to movie theaters or even concerts.
7. Gas gift card. These work like a prepaid card, wherein you can purchase gas or car accessories. They often offer gas at discounted prices.
Gift card merchants give different kinds of promotions, such as loyalty points, with the use of your gift card. It’s all the more reason to use them. Want the best reason of all? You can win a gift card for pennies at Eno. Try your hand today.